Protecting Children Injured In Moped or Scooter Accidents

Scooters and mopeds are a popular means of transportation for young people in Florida's sunny climate, particularly in and around Gainesville. Scooters and mopeds are "street legal," meaning your child can legally drive them on public roadways. That makes them convenient, but it also increases the chances that your child could experience a collision with a car, truck, motorcycle or another scooter/moped.

If your child is injured in a scooter or moped accident, you need a lawyer as an ally when you file a personal injury lawsuit. I am attorney Bill Galione and my law firm, The Galione Law Firm, P.A., represents child injury clients.

I understand how minor children can be impacted by this type of accident. I can help your family recover the funds you need to assist your child in his or her long-term healing process after a brain injury or other catastrophic ailment. I can also help you demand accountability and restitution if your child is killed and you must file a wrongful death claim.

Contact me to start discussing your claim.

Florida State Laws Related To Scooters And Mopeds

Special state laws apply to scooters and mopeds in Florida. Here are a few of the most relevant:

  • If a scooter or moped is driven on public roads, the operator must be 16 years old and hold a Class E (motorcycle only) driver's license.
  • Passengers under the age of 16 are required to wear helmets when riding a scooter or moped.
  • Florida law allows motor vehicle insurance contracts to exclude scooters and mopeds from Personal Injury Protection (PIP) policies.

How Can I Obtain A Settlement After My Child's Scooter/Moped Accident?

Because of the lack of PIP insurance coverage, it can be challenging to identify the proper responsible party to name as a defendant in a personal injury claim. However, I have assisted many clients in finding "non-obvious" defendants who were held accountable by law. I also can help your child if he or she was a passenger on a scooter at the time of an accident.

Contact Me For Counsel On Scooter And Moped Injury Cases

Your child deserves as much support as possible after a catastrophic injury. To set up a free introductory appointment, call 352-204-0202 or use my firm's online intake form.